How To Care For Wood Furniture in Redwood City CA
A few tips to help your furniture Last a Lifetime
TO CLEAN simply use a soft cloth such as an old white T-shirt moistened in orange oil polish. Reuse the same cloth for light dusting.
- Wipe up spills immediately and dry completely with soft cloth. Do not clean wood surfaces with a wet sponge.
- Prevent splitting. Maintain even humidity conditions in your home. Keep space heaters away from furniture.
- Protect Finish NEVER use glass or household cleaners on finished furniture. Ammonia will chemically attack and damage the finish.
- Prevent Damage Do not place hot pots and laptop computers directly on surface. Do not write directly on surface.
- Prevent Yellowing Do not use commercial waxes and spray polishes. Do not place in direct sunlight. Polish items frequently if exposed to direct sunlight.
- Table Top surfaces can be damaged from rubber feet on laptops, heat from laptops and cleaning daily with a wet sponge. Avoid these practices to keep your surface looking beautiful for years!
Outdoor furniture care
Do not use furniture outside unless it is built to withstand the elements. Normal furniture will deteriorate very quickly if used outdoors.
- Treatment Our outdoor furniture is sold ready to use and treated for outdoor use. The factory uses natural outdoor oil such as teak oil.
- Prevent Greying Reapplying the oil stain will help prevent the wood from turning to a grey tone.
- Washing Wash in a mild solution of dish washing soap, bleach and warm water. Apply the cleaning solution with a soft-bristled brush and rinse when finished.
- Cover when not in use To stretch the time between re-staining and cleaning, cover your furniture when not in use. Covering your furniture during the winter months will minimize the need for yearly maintenance.