- Locations & Hours:
- Redwood City 650.367.8181
Build Your Own Leg Writing Desk: Choose your size, style, wood and color
Build Your Own Leg Writing Desk: Choose your size, style, wood and color. The Build Your Own desk comes in two standard sizes and endless custom sizes. Choose from 5 leg styles and five different edge profiles. The desk comes standard with a convertible flip down keyboard pullout/pencil drawer. Download or purchase the Simply Amish catalog for a complete assortment of the office product available.
Built to fit. Designed to last. No two offices are exactly alike. And at Simply Amish, we'll help you keep things that way, with custom desk solutions for every room and workspace. So you can work in style (or play Farmville in comfort until the cows come home.)
All Simply Amish products feature self-closing, full extension, ball-bearing SmartSlides drawer glides. SmartSlides are mounted under the drawer for maximum support and are made in the USA. The drawers are solid wood drawer interiors, 5/8" thick and drawer interiors are sanded to a smooth finish to prevent snagging of clothing. Drawer fronts and backs feature dovetail joints and all drawer fronts up to 8.5" high are made from a solid board, not multiple boards glued together. All pieces come with a lifetime guarantee and all pieces are built with the highest quality woods, finishes and hardware. The wood is protected by a sealant that makes it practically impervious to water, nail polish remover and alcohol.
No particle board. Made in the USA. Fully assembled. Manufacturer: Simply Amish.
Available in solid cherry, soft maple, hard maple, oak, Quartersawn oak, hickory, or walnut
- Choose your color
- Protected with a sealant that makes it practically impervious to water, nail polish remover and alcohol.
- All Simply Amish products feature self-closing full extension, ball-bearing SmartSlides drawer glides
- SmartSlides are mounted under the drawer for maximum support and are made in the USA
- Solid wood drawer interiors, 5/8" thick
- Drawer interiors are sanded to a smooth finish to prevent snagging of clothing
- Drawer fronts and backs feature dovetail joints
- All drawer fronts up to 8.5" high are made from a solid board, not multiple boards glued together.
- Come with a lifetime guarantee
- All pieces are built with the highest quality woods, finishes and hardware.
- The wood is protected by a sealant that makes it practically impervious to water, nail polish remover and alcohol.
- BYO Writing Desks, choose your size, leg style, & edge profile
- Wide assortment of desks, bookcases, file cabinets, credenzas, office chairs and conference tables.
- Personalize any Simply Amish piece in your favorite collection with your choice of 8 woods, choice of hardware and your choice of over 80 finishing combinations.
- Custom sizes available
- Add upgrade features doors on bookcases, flip down keyboards, additional grommet holes and task lighting.
More about Simply Amish
Amish in the City. The Simply Amish story began in the 1970s, when bell-bottoms and short shorts could be spotted just about everywhere — except in good Amish homes. Across the nation, a new age of convenience had arrived. Microwave ovens were becoming common-place, and fashion-forward housewives were ordering the latest kitchen appliances in a wide range of deceptively tasteful sounding colors, like Avocado Green and Harvest Gold. But in a time of rapid change and progress, no one in the city could buy a beautiful piece of Amish furniture without a long trip to the country. Until a couple of guys from the country came up with a novel idea.
The Beginning. It all started in 1979, when Kevin Kauffman and his brothers joined their dad to learn the finer points of furniture construction on their family farm. Putting his experience to good use, Kevin soon joined forces with his uncle, John Mast, to start a company that would pursue a much larger vision. Together, the two partners eventually linked an entire network of traditional Amish workshops with a modern distribution system, and furniture lovers everywhere rejoiced.
The Rest is History Joined later by John’s brother, Butch, and a fourth partner, Kent Patterson, they soon hit their stride, transforming an innovative furniture distribution system into a great American brand. And Simply Amish was born. By handling orders and warehousing finished products, Simply Amish solved two problems — it gave the outside world access to the work of skilled Amish craftsmen, and it allowed the Amish to work undisturbed, making beautiful wood furniture. Built to order. And made to last.